It’s hard to write a ‘Success Story’ when you’re not feeling successful. I feel like for the last, oh, 18 to 24 months I’ve been vowing to get back into my skinny jeans, but the truth is I’m not there yet. Life is getting in the way of the magic number I want to see on the scale, but I’ve realized there are many other successes of note:
- I can now drop to the ground and do 10 pushups with confidence
- I am a pro at making delicious green smoothies to help me get my nutrients
- I have successfully completed two half marathons and am itching to do more, which is something I never in my life thought I would say
- I fully understand how to eat clean and fuel my body – even if I don’t always make the best choices. What’s that phrase about how knowing is half the battle?
- I have a bevy of friends who I know will readily join me for a walk or a workout instead of a beer
- I bring workout clothes with me when I travel, and then I actually wear them to the hotel gym
In fact, I think realizing that it’s not all about that number on the scale is a success in itself. Dillon has helped me to be stronger, healthier, and more confident and proud of what my body can do and how I can easily reach and surpass my goals…even though I’m still finding out what my goals are! Fitness is a journey, and it’s best with a good coach to keep you on the right path.